Updated 30th March
PLEASE STAY AT HOME unless absolutely necessary.
At Paragon Veterinary Group during this period we have 3 priorities:
- To protect and ensure the risk to our staff and clients is as low as possible
- To follow the government advice
- To continue to provide a service for the animals under our care
With these priorities in mind we have set out some information and guidelines for our clients below. We know this is a stressful and worrying time for everyone and we hope our clients understand why we are implementing these changes and are supportive of them.
1) We now offer a FREE home delivery service for prescriptions and pet food for clients within 10 miles of a Paragon Veterinary Centre. Please contact us with 24 hours notice and we can get the delivery to you for the next working day (excluding weekend)
2) Telephone consultation is available for non-urgent cases, if you would like to use this service please let us know when you phone us and a vet will be in touch with you the same day to discuss your pet. There will be a £10 charge for a Telephone consultation that requires medication put up for your pet. This is to cover the time and the professional judgement of the Veterinarian. Should your pet need seen within 7 days of the charge it will be deducted from the normal consultation charge at that time
2b) Video consultation is also now available for a £10 charge. To book a video consultation please click here to register. If you need any help please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3) We advise against non-essential travel at this time and as such unfortunately some services will be reduced, please understand that this is to limit the risk to our staff, their families and our other clients
4) If you are unwell or showing flu-like symptoms we politely request that you do not come to any of the practices in person. We are able to provide advice and support over the phone and have protocols in place that mean your pet can still get the care required so please call us and explain the situation and we will be able to support you
5) If you are in a period of self-isolation and your pet requires treatment then please phone us. There are a couple of options for this; a friend or family member could take the pet to the practice or we could come and collect the pet at the door, take them back to the practice to be assessed and then returned to you
6) To minimise numbers of people congregating at the practices we would ask that only one person per pet attends the practice for consultation
7) Please wait in your car rather than our waiting area if coming for a consultation and please inform Reception by phone on 07741664534 when you arrive, or come to the door and knock to let us know you have arrived. We will come and get your pet when your consultation is due
8) If you are collecting a prescription please wait in the car, inform Reception by phone on 07741664534 or come to the door and knock to let us know that you have arrived and we will bring your prescription out to you
9) We ask that clients remain the recommended 2 metres distance from our staff at all times
10) We are requesting payment by credit or debit card over the phone whenever possible and trying to avoid handling cash
11) We are also following NHS guidelines on reducing spread in the practice and regular cleaning is occurring
12) We will only be able to provide home visits for emergencies as we cannot control these environments. If transport is impossible and you cannot get to us we can collect animals and have them examined at the practice and returned for a fee
The current advice from the World Health Organisation is that there is no evidence that companion animals can be infected with COVID-19, however we would advise sensible hygiene and hand washing after contact with your pets as this is always a good idea.
Should any of these measures or advice change we will let you know as soon as possible but thank you to all our clients for their help with this