Paragon Policy for Insured Pets and Claims
Paragon Veterinary Group strongly support the principle of insuring your pet against unexpected illness or accidents. However, if your animal is insured, it is your responsibility to settle your account and then claim the fees back from your insurance company.
Paragon Veterinary Group do not provide any pet insurance.
Direct claims are not acceptable unless pre-authorisation has been obtained from your insurance company.
If you need to make a claim on your insurance policy, you will need to request a claim form from your insurance company. Once received please follow the procedure below:
1. Please ensure completion of all ‘policyholder to complete’ sections as indicated on the claim form.
2. The name of each illness or injury for which you would like to claim must be filled in before submitting to the practice for completion.
3. The claim form must be signed by the policy holder/s.
4. Please do not fill in any sections that are meant to be completed by the veterinary practice (usually the second page of insurance claim form).
5. An administration charge of £10.00 including VAT (subject to change) will be charged for the completion of any new insurance claims or pre-authorisation forms. The completion of continuation claims costs £5.00 including VAT (subject to change). This fee is payable at the time and on receipt of the claim form. This fee is not usually paid for by insurance companies however we will include the administration fee in all claims.
6. Insurance forms will not be processed until the administration fee has been paid.
7. Please allow a minimum of 1 week for insurance claim forms to be completed.
8. Following completion your claim form will be posted directly to your insurance company.
9. We keep photocopies of all submitted claims at the practice.
We would always advise that you familiarise yourself with the ‘small print’ of your insurance policy to avoid disappointment; some policies are more restrictive than others, most specify the maximum length of time you have from time of illness/injury to submitting a claim, and many have certain conditions that need to be fulfilled, e.g. keeping the pet’s vaccines current, in order to make a successful claim.
Please remember that you, the client, have the responsibility for your insurance contract directly with your chosen insurance company. The staff at Paragon Veterinary Group are available to offer guidance with your claim, should you require their support.